SGA is firmly committed to good stewardship of funds entrusted to us by our friends and donors. We promise to use your gifts wisely and effectively in Christ’s name. To insure our financial accountability to you, we are a member of the Canadian Council of Christian Charities.
As a member of CCCC, we fully support its purposes and goals, and proudly display its seal to reflect compliance with its membership standards.
All CCCC Certified charities agree to abide by the following nine Standards of Accountability:
- Have a declared doctrinal position expressing a commitment to the Christian faith
- Have an independent, active governing board
- Have an independent audit of their financial statements
- Will provide their financial statements to any person upon request
- Have an audit review committee that reports to the governing board
- Carry on their activities with the highest standards of accountability
- Have a declared stewardship policy which affirms, among other things, that no person receives a commission based upon gifts received by the ministry
- Have a program to monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization’s activities
- Respect the privacy of the beneficiaries of their ministry and have a Code of Ethical Fundraising
Spending of funds is confined to programs and projects approved by the organization. Each restricted contribution designated towards such an approved program or project will be used as designated with the understanding that when the need for such a program or project has been met, or cannot be completed for any reason determined by the organization, the remaining restricted contributions will be used where needed most.